Monday, January 30, 2012

My yearly update!

First of all, does anyone even look at this blog any more??  Comment if you do!  If there are at least a few of you out there that visit, I will try and do better at keeping it up!

Since it has been a year since I last posted, I will try and do a quick update of the past year.  Some highlights include...


Gunnar and Greta missed 11 school days due to snow and ice!  Seriously?  They are crazy here.   I never missed even one day when I was in school in Utah, where it actually snows...

Trip to Cali with friends in February

Greta started playing Soccer

Gunnar finally got to play tackle football

 Soren is obsessed with all things Fire Fighter.  He was in heaven when my car got hit by an old man that had a heart attack. (As far as I know the man was OK!) I ended up driving a minivan for 4 months while my car got fixed.  I did not love it.

Gunnar went to the NBA finals when we were in Texas in June.  He cheered for the Miami Heat in Dallas!  He was sad they lost, but the rest of us were excited for the Mavs! 

 Trip to Utah in July.  Tyler gave Greta straight hair!  She loved it and was sad when we had to wash it the next day!

Stewart Falls!  I probably hiked it at least 20 times in my youth.  I was glad they got to experience it!


SURPRISE!
Greta is obviously happier than the last time we did this...



 Halloween!

 The Fall leaves were amazing!  One of the best things about living in Tennessee.

For Greta's 8th birthday, all she wanted was a bra and crutches.  I gave her the crutches, not the bra!
She still thinks she is a teenager!

 We went to Arizona for Thanksgiving.  It was so much fun to spend time with all of my relatives that I never get to see!

 Christmas is Texas.  Our Nativity play was pure chaos!

 Greta was baptized in Texas on December 31


We really do enjoy living in Nashville.  We have had some rough patches due to the fact that Christian has been traveling for most of the year, and I was sick/pregnant for a good part of it, but for the most part, we have had a very blessed year.  The kids love their schools, they have great friends, and I have met some amazing people as well.  I feel like I will always miss our friends and family in Texas, but I can now finally see that this is where we are supposed to be!







10 comments:

Julie E. said...

YES! I'm the first to comment :). I was so happy to get the notice that you blogged. Fun to read about and see pictures of your family. Can't wait to see your new baby girl!

Julie E. said...

P.S.
A bra and crutches. Laughing so hard. CLASSIC!

Juliana said...

Hey!!! I love reading your blog!!! I will always read it. We miss you guys! All of your activities looked so fun... Thanks for sharing!!

B said...

Deena, I love seeing the kids and your blog since I don't do facebook or anything else. Greeta is a hoot. I miss you all. We'll be in Utah for memorial day if you just happen to be visiting...

Glen and Rachel said...

You've inspired me to think about posting something on my blog after a year too! That may be as far as it goes for me, but I like seeing your pictures. The bra and crutches cracks me up!

Laura said...

I have you on my google reader, so I will definitely read any post you do! I can't believe how big your kids are. And I am so excited for you to have a baby girl. If you are ever in cali again, let us know!! would love to see your family.

Susie said...

If you write it, I will read.

Love & miss you.

John and Jenny said...

I love your blog! And miss you too!

BBS said...

Deena-
I just loved seeing your yearly post. We are sure thinking of you and hope all goes well this week.
Love to everyone~

follett family said...

deena so fun to see you to and so happy about new baby, that is so wonderful! looks like tennessee has been good to you and your family! your kids are so big but as cute as ever!