Monday, June 23, 2008

Gunnar's 8th Birthday






We had an eventful weekend that started off Friday night in the Urgent Care... our first stitches, which is hard to believe if you know how wild Gunnar and Greta are. This came as a result of Gunnar and our neighbor Blake swinging baseball bats too close to each other. Considering the screaming and blood that was involved , the injury seems pretty mild. He ended up with 17 stitches and a small fracture. The bummer of the whole thing was that his birthday was the next day, and we were having a swimming party! Even though he couldn't swim we played some games, had hot dogs and cake and he still had a good time at his party (Thanks to the Lortab!)

4 comments:

Julie E. said...

OK... I was doing fine until the last picture. So far we've never had to go through stitches with our kids, but I'm sure I'll have to do experience it someday. I don't do well with blood - it freaks me out. Todd and Juliana may have to come with me - they have the most experience : ).

tamara said...

I think it's amusing how we all post photos of our children's injuries...how is it we always have cameras on hand? Poor Gunnar...that looks really bad. It's a good thing chicks dig scars, he'll appreciate that later in life ;-)

Brigitta said...

Hi Deena I found your blog through Kami. So good to peek in on your little family. Are you going to Utah this summer? We went for a quick trip. You kids are so cute and grown up. What a bummer about Gunnar and his eye. I'll be peeking in on your blog. It's fun to reconnect with old friends.

Pepper Lovin! said...

poor guy! Is the scar bad? Are they worried at all about the fracture/ Hope you guys are having a fun summer